I forgot my password! What do I do now?
To recover a lost password, click here and enter the e-mail address with which you registered. Your password will be sent to you shortly.
What kinds of stories are allowed?
See our Submission Guidelines.
How do I contact the site administrators?
You can e-mail us via our contact form.
How do I submit stories?
If you have not already done so, please register for an account. Once you've logged in, click on Account Information and choose Add Story. The form presented there will allow you to submit your story.
What are the ratings used on the site?
- Not Rated (Adult!)
- For searching, screening, and other Archive functions, this may get treated the same way as explicit-rated content. In reality, it could be anything from porn to completely family-friendly stuff. Choose this rating if you prefer not to rate your content (because you don't like ratings, because you're trying to avoid spoilers, etc.).
- General Audiences
- This content is suitable for anyone: kids, teenagers, sensitive people.
- Teen And Up Audiences
- The content may be inappropriate for audiences under 13.
- Mature (Adult!)
- This is for content with adult themes (sex, violence, etc.) that isn't as graphic as explicit-rated content.
- Explicit (Adult!)
- This is for porn, graphic violence, etc.
What are story types?
These are the definitions in use on this site regarding the story details:
Warnings are not mandatory on this site; we believe each writer should have the right to add warnings as they see appropriate, or choose to not add any warnings at all.
I've added some warnings, but because I don't use them, I can think other things to warn. So, if you would like me to add additional warnings let me know which ones, and I will add them.
The same goes for characters, pairings etc. if you want any to be added just let me know.
What's wrong with TinyMCE? I can't upload my story?
I used to have a problem on another eFiction site where each time I try to upload a story or a chapter by copy/pasting it, it always results in an error saying "You must include the text of your story either as an upload or as input into the textarea", and I haven't been able to figure it out.
There are a couple of ways around it: first is to not use TinyMCE at all. Go to Account info -> Edit preferences and uncheck ". Now you should be able to copy/paste your story into the box OK, but you will loose all automatic formatting such as italics and bold. If you want those, you can add them in yourself using html.
Another way to upload stories and preserve formatting such as italics, is to copy/paste your story from Word or whatever word processing program you're using, to a WYSYWYG html editor (I use Dreamweaver), and save it as a html file. Then upload that file instead of copy/pasting your story directly to the story box, and formatting should be preserved.
What are your Terms of Service?
You can read our Terms of Service here.