Please adhere to the following guidelines and rules when submitting your story:
1. Fan Fiction Archive welcomes stories about the characters Jeri Ryan has played and about characters you, the author, have created for her.
The main character of the story does not have to be based on a specific character played by Jeri Ryan (i.e., Seven Of Nine or Juliet Stuart), but we would prefer her general appearance be the same so it has some resemblance to Jeri. You can give her a different name or put her in different settings. She also does not have to be the main character, but we ask that she be in the story in some important way since this website is for Jeri Ryan fan fiction.
2. Submitted stories should always be backed up. While we continually monitor the server and make regular backups, these are primarily to preserve our software and database setup. We make no promise to archive your stories as an alternative to you making a backup. While we make every endeavor to safely store submitted stories, we cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control, such as server crashes and hacking attempts etc. which may cause any submitted material to be irretrievably lost.
3. Summaries should be neat, clean and condensed. Any summaries that have unnecessary breaking, spacing or any other sort of space-abuser, an admin reserves the right to correct and edit it.
4. Be kind and courteous to your fellow authors and reviewers. Anyone found posting abusive, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or any other such material that may violate any applicable laws will be warned. If that warning is ignored, the person is subject to account suspension and/or deletion. This includes but is not limited to stories/reviews containing objectionable material such as threats to members/admins, hate material and racism.
5. If you would like to change, edit or delete your penname, contact me ([email protected]), but give me a day or two to do so. Please do not create a separate account!
6. You can submit stories in two different ways:
1. By creating an account for yourself here and posting your story yourself. If you don't want to use your real name that is fine, but make up an alias to use as an author. This helps cut down on confusion and is easier to keep track of who's who.
2. By sending your story to me via e-mail to [email protected], along with the name and e-mail address you want to use. I will then create an account for you and post your story(ies) for you.
7. Story Information When E-mailing Your Submission In
Include the title and the name you wish to use as the author on the first page of the first chapter. See below for an acceptable example.
Examples - file name:
Better With Time Ch5.doc
Donovan's Destiny - Chapter 4 - At Home.rtf
Examples - inside the document:
Better With Time
by Your Nickname
Your author notes here.
Story text here
8. File Formats
E-mail submissions may be sent in following formats: doc, docx, rtf, hand-coded html and txt formats. Check your file(s) for viruses and then e-mail it to me as an attachment.
NOTE 1: While all files are automatically scanned by my virus scan when I download them to my HD, I will in addition manually run any and all submissions in doc and docx formats through a second virus scanner; if either detects anything suspicious the file(s) will be deleted without opening, and you will be asked to send in a clean copy.
NOTE 2: I do not accept html submissions which were created using Microsoft Word or any of the other major word processing software. They create junk-code. Either hand-code yourself, or use a program such as RoughDraft.
All submissions will go into a validation queue, and I will either approve or reject them on the update day.
All stories must have a disclaimer, giving proper credit to those who created any character that was not created by you. If the disclaimer is missing, I will add one.
10. Story Ratings
As the author, it is your responsibility to properly rate your story and give appropriate warnings. If I feel a story doesn't fit the rating you've given it, I reserve the right to change it. If you have any questions about how to rate your story, mention it in your submission e-mail so I may look at the story and properly rate it.
These are the ratings used on Fan Fiction Archive:
- Not Rated (Adult!)
- For searching, screening, and other Archive functions, this may get treated the same way as explicit-rated content. In reality, it could be anything from porn to completely family-friendly stuff. Choose this rating if you prefer not to rate your content (because you don't like ratings, because you're trying to avoid spoilers, etc.).
- General Audiences
- This content is suitable for anyone: kids, teenagers, sensitive people.
- Teen And Up Audiences
- The content may be inappropriate for audiences under 13.
- Mature (Adult!)
- This is for content with adult themes (sex, violence, etc.) that isn't as graphic as explicit-rated content.
- Explicit (Adult!)
- This is for porn, graphic violence, etc.
11. Story warnings and other classifications
You must choose whether you want to use warnings for your story, or not. If you do not want to use warnings, you must choose the "Author Chooses Not To Warn" label from the Warnings box. Otherwise, select the appropriate warnings, such as "Character Death" or "Rape/Non-Con". You can also indicate that no warnings apply by choosing that from the box.
There are also classification called Tags available - these are to story describe content that do not require warning, such as "Canon Compliant" or "AU" or "Character Study".
If you need a Character, a Warning or a Tag that isn't already listed, let me know by e-mail and I'll add it ASAP.
12 Spelling And Grammar
Be aware that we will be checking the stories for general errors (i.e., grammar and spelling), but we ask that you check and recheck your story BEFORE you send it. Too many errors and the story will be returned for you to fix.
13. Update Day
Fan Fiction Archive currently does validates stories/posts updates once a week on Sundays. If you have a submission you would like to have posted, please post it or email it to us by noon (12pm, GMT+2 timezone) on Sunday. Anything received after that time will be held and posted on the next update day.
Please keep in mind that while we want all the readers and authors to enjoy the stories on this site, we have the upmost respect for Ms. Ryan and her family. If at any time a story crosses the line from "tasteful" to "disrespectful" it will not be posted.
If you have ANY questions about the above guidelines, please feel free to e-mail me and ask. there are NO dumb questions! Thanks to everyone for your support of this website and for sharing your wonderful talents and imaginations with us all.
Fan Fiction Archive reserves the right to refuse any story that we feel does not meet the guidelines posted above. We also reserve the right to remove a story that has received complaints from the readers.
Please send all questions and submissions to: [email protected]